Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hospital bill


The bill arrived yesterday in the mail. Actually is wasn't a bill for me but a list of the expenses that are being submitted to my insurance, Aetna. The total was around $15,000 and I didn't even spend the night. I was in the hospital about 10 hours. I have no idea how my insurance works but I'm pretty sure I was in network so will pay less than if I was out of network. Anyway, I decided to hold off on a computer for now.

I'm taking Monday off and will try to get some work done around the house. I was home for an entire week following the surgery but couldn't do too much. Also, I'm very tired.

If I ever have to go to the hospital again I would defenitely go to St. Lukes. The people there were so nice and caring. It was a very positive experience.

No comments: