Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Google and Yahoo (heart) Obama


According to the searchable database Fundrace, a project of the Huffington Post, Microsoft employees support Clinton while Google and Yahoo employees support Obama. Here is a breakdown of donations by company for each of the candidates.

Hillary Clinton
Microsoft $129,734
Google $46,610
Yahoo $15,600
Barack Obama
Google $97,771
Microsoft $68,005
Yahoo $24,288
Ron Paul
Microsoft $54,111
Google $41,342
Yahoo $9,435
Mitt Romney
Microsoft $19,805
Yahoo $600
Google $0
John McCain
Microsoft $8,210
Google $1,550
Yahoo $0
Mike Huckabee
Microsoft $750
Google $400
Yahoo $0

You can find out more here: http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/
I just went to this web site and it's pretty neat. Here is a description:"FundRace makes it easy to search by name or address to see which presidential candidates your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors are contributing to. Or you can see if your favorite celebrity is putting money where their mouth is."
I checked my name and didn't find anything although I have given money to Obama. I found out that contributions have to be over $200 for them to show up on the database.
WARNING: Addictive.

2 comments:

Miss Grimm said...

I just visited the site, and it is extremely addictive!

Miss Grimm said...

I just visited the site, and it is extremely addictive!