Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 10: #23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning...


Having this blog has been the most fun and educational thing I've ever done at work and I will continue to blog about things of interest to me (unlike the dog in the cartoon)
One really nice thing I've noticed is a spirit of cooperation among co-workers. Everyone in my department has at one time over the course of the 23 Things been the "expert" who helps others and we have all at one time or another needed help with some of the exercises.

Some of the features I like that I didn't know about before are the Library Elf and Bloglines. I've discovered some great sites through Bloglines that I check everyday, like Treehugger and I like the email message I get from the Library Elf every week telling me what items I have on hold, what I have out, and what is waiting for me.

With technology changing daily, I hope that this will be something we can continue, perhaps adding a new exercise every month or so. I believe this will be of benefit to all of us, especially the staff who work directly with the public.

Many thanks to all the people who organized this program and to the poor person assigned to read this blog and wade through all the non-work related entries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. This should be considered our version of the "PHISH" approach, a way of improving our mental skills both for ourselves and the job.

Here's my vote for the "46 things."

LibraryLioness8 said...

This really has been fun -- even when it wasn't so much fun. :) Love the cartoon.