Thursday, October 11, 2007

Organic foods


I try to buy organic food whenever possible and have done so for years. Even my four precious dogs are into organics. I live close to a Whole Foods Market but most stores have organic sections now so finding organics shouldn't be an issue anymore. I'll blog later on why organic is important but for now here is a list of the dirty dozen top fruits and veggies from http://community.gaiam.com/ that one should always try to buy organic:

1. Peaches
2. Apples
3. Sweet Bell Peppers
4. Celery
5. Nectarines
6. Strawberries
7. Cherries
8. Lettuce
9. Grapes (imported)
10. Pears
11. Spinach
12. Potatoes

And here is a list of foods that are of least concern in terms of pesticides:

1. Onions
2. Avocado
3. Sweet Corn (frozen)
4. Pineapples
5. Mango
6. Sweet Peas (frozen)
7. Asparagus
8. Kiwi
9. Bananas
10. Cabbage
11. Broccoli
12. Eggplant

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the infomation.

Fourdogmom said...

Is that you E?

michilines said...

I'm drying some fennel. Would you like some once it's dry? Let me know. It's organic, of course.

istarfan said...

That was me, iStarfan.:)

istarfan said...

Sometimes I forgot to login before I put my comments. In this case I would choose anonymous.

Fourdogmom said...

Anonymous is fine. You can alway do anon and then put an initial after the message so I will know or you can make me guess which might be more fun.