Sunday, October 28, 2007

Google ads


When I first started this blog I was anxious to try out all the features so I decided to add Google ads to by blog. It pays you when someone clicks on the ads from your blog. I never expected to make any money because it pays very little, my blog doesn't get that much traffic and I doubt if anyone clicks on the ads anyway. It's been interesting to see the ads that pop up on my page. Google must look for key words and put on ads based on those words. After I did an entry about doggie poop there was an ad for "Fix dog coprophagia" (which I had look up) but has to do with the entry I was talking about. I've also had several ads for pink ribbon things even though my entry on the pink ribbon industry was negative. Yesterday, much to my horror there was an ad that said something to the effect "If you want to support a Real Republican click here" I suppose I have too many tags with Bush or republicans. Anyway, I'm enjoying this feature and promise to donate any money I receive to my department in the form of doughnuts or mocha muffins.

No comments: