Friday, October 12, 2007

Al Gore


In case you haven't heard, former Vice President Al Gore won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize, a prize he shares with the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I can't help but think how much better off the world would be if he had actually become president after he won the election in 2000. While I would be happy with any of the current democratic presidential hopefuls I would love to see Gore run in 2008 and think he has the best chance of winning and returning the White House back to the American people. There is a petition you can sign http://www.draftgore.com/ if you feel the same way.

3 comments:

michilines said...

fdm, for me Al Gore is bigger than this country -- he's fighting for the planet. And so far, he's doing it right.

Sure, I would have loved for Gore to have been "deemed" the President in 2000. We wouldn't be in a war and we wouldn't be in trillion dollar debt.

But Al Gore means something to other countries now, too. We have to let him go.

Fourdogmom said...

I'm just afraid none of the other candidates will win. So many people I know don't like Hillary and she is the frontrunner now. He's probably not going to run anyway the world does need him.

Anonymous said...

One thing about Gore that would be an advantage might be to change our paradigm.

Right now I feel like all of the candidates from both parties are still operating from the paradigm created by the current power-structure. I think Hillary's been co-opted by that power structure so that she cannot make any real difference. Gore has at least shown some sparks of individuality (for a politican, at least) and it's clear that he regrets having ceded the presidency (re: his remakrs after Abu Gharaib.)