Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Houston


This is the time of year that I start thinking about moving to a cooler, drier city. I do this every year, all summer long.
Yesterday a report from Forbes listed Houston as one of the top 10 recession proof cities, which make me feel a little bit better about living here. Here is the complete list: Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Charlotte, N.C., Dallas-Ft.Worth, San Jose, Raleigh, Salt Lake City and Seattle. Forbes looked at unemployment, job-growth, and home prices. All four cities in Texas have lower home prices than the rest of the country and falling unemployment rates. Now if we could just do something about the heat and humidity...


2 comments:

Tam said...

It probably helps that Houston has so much oil & gas business, which tends to be counter-cyclical.

Fourdogmom said...

I didn't know about the counter-cyclical thing but I have heard that as long as oil stays above 100 a barrel we are ok in Houston.