Monday, June 16, 2008

How rich are you?

Here is a pretty interesting website where you enter the amount of money you make and it tells you and shows you on a graph where you rank in the work in terms of wealth. I was pretty surprised by my ranking (the 277,391,305 richest person in the world) since I don't consider myself particularly rich.
http://globalrichlist.com/

The reason for the website:
"We are obsessed with wealth. But we gauge how rich we are by looking upwards at those who have more than us. This makes us feel poor.
We wanted to do something which would help people understand, in real terms, where they stand globally. And make us realise that in fact most of us (who are able to view this web page) are in the privileged minority.
We want people to feel rich. And give some of their extra money to a worthwhile charity."


Thanks to NV for sending me the link to this website.

No comments: