Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Acai


I became aware of Acai (ah-sigh-ee) a few years ago when I noticed it as an ingredient in the mango tea I drink by Honest Tea. Acai berries, which are grown in the Amazon, have more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates and more anthocyanins (good for the heart) than red wine. They’re also rich in protein and dietary fiber and have high levels of Omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. Of course, the less processing the better and today I found a company that sells the berries as unprocessed as possible. The company is http://www.ezoetic.com/

There is a lot on information on their web site about Acai, including how to order, why it's good for the Amazon, and some yummy recipes. I may check with Whole Foods to see if they are selling the product or will sell it as that would be a lot easier.

No comments: