Sunday, June 29, 2008

Eggplant Parmesan











Since I only cook about once a year I thought I should document it. A friend of mine gave me a whole grocery bag of vegetable including several eggplants and some wonderful tomatoes so I decided to make Eggplant Parmesan. I bought some seasoned breadcrumbs from Whole Foods and used Parmesan and Romano cheese. First I breaded the eggplant slices in eggs, breadcrumbs and Parmesan and then I fried them in olive oil. After this was done I made a nice tomato sauce out of the fresh tomatoes, several cloves of garlic, basil and some other spices. Then I layered the eggplant in a Pyrex dish with cheese in between the layers. After that I poured the tomato sauce on top, and topped it off with some of the breadcrumbs and more cheese. I then baked it for 30 minutes. The dogs were very eager to help so I gave them the leftover eggs with a little cheese. It turned out really great and I made about 5 meals out of it.

1 comment:

brown sugar said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! the recipe sounds really good and i don't like eggplant :)