Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Amazing Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Fall is in the air. I slept with with all the doors open last night and my house was cold in the morning. I've also decorated my house for Halloween. Here is a yummy sounding recipe for a fall inspired cookie that I found on Eat Drink Better http://eatdrinkbetter.com/

Amazing Pumpkin Spice Cookies
1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter)
3/4 cup unrefined sugar (or maple syrup or honey)
1 cup cooked pumpkin (cut in half, scoop out seeds, place cut side down on baking sheet and bake at 350 until soft. Peel and mash or blend the pumpkin.)
2 eggs (or egg replacer equivalent)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Mix all ingredients together and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325, drop spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Try substituting sweet potatoes or butternut squash for the pie pumpkin for a different taste, or bake in a loaf pan.

3 comments:

Native Pride said...

I'll have to try that recipe. My mom made pumpkin cookies and I loved them. My mom passed 3 years ago. I should of gotten the her recipe.

Fourdogmom said...

They look pretty healthy too. I gained 10 lbs in the last month, probably from the hurricane. I'm back on my diet now.

Native Pride said...

I found a real good diet. it's called the "go to Ashburn VA diet". I couldn't believe the price of food there. If I was living there I'd be anorexic looking. LOL