Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wowbrary

I signed up for Wowbrary http://www.wowbrary.org/ last week. I had read about it on Stephen's Lighthouse and wanted to see how it worked. Wowbrary is a free service that lets you know through email or RSS what new items are at your chosen library. Of course I choose HCPL and since I catalog new materials I can easily check to see if it works and if it's current. In addition to seeing what items are new you can also click on the item and get more information and also place a hold. Since I had cataloged quite a few CD's this last week I checked the new CDs and the ones I had cataloged were there along with nice descriptions and pictures.

Here is a picture and description from Wowbrary of one of the CD's I cataloged last week:

1997 album for the late folk singer/songwriter. 11 tracks including her classic cover of Christine McVie's 'Songbird'. Blix Street.

No comments: