Monday, August 4, 2008

Fred Phelps

Fred Phelps' church, Westboro Baptist, in Topeka Kansas had a fire that caused $10,000 worth of damage. They think it was intentionally set.
This is the church whose members picket military funerals blaming the deaths of the soldiers on our tolerance of homosexuality. Some of the signs they carry say things like: Thank God for IED's, Fag sin=9-11, Thank God for dead soldiers, and Fags die, God laughs.
So is God now punishing Fred Phelps and his "church" for his beliefs and actions? Did God intentionally set the fire?
Jerry Falwell blamed Katrina on pagans, abortionists, feminists, gays, and lesbians. Apparently God is pissed because these people are turning America into a secular country.
John Hagee said basically the same thing.
I know I don't like it when people try to speak for me or tell people how I feel or what I think. I wonder if God feels the same way.

No comments: