Friday, August 1, 2008

The Daily Kos has some maps on the state of the presidential race based on the latest poll numbers: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/1/12401/40833

Calle Vienna has an interesting post on the McCain ad that compares Obama to Paris and Britney: http://michilines.wordpress.com/
It seems that the Hiltons are not very happy about Paris appearing in the ad as they are big McCain supporters. Poor McCain can't seem to get anything right.

Obama is proposing a $1,000 emergency rebate check funded by a windfalls profit tax on big oil. I wonder how long it will take McCain to steal this idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey fdm, thanks for the link.

As far as the election goes, I check electoral-vote dot com every day. It's less volital than the national polls and more meaningful.

Fourdogmom said...

Thanks. I'll add that to my list. I like the maps on the website I mentioned except I wish we could turn Texas blue.

Anonymous said...

I'll add the one you found to my daily checklist, too. Thanks for that!

Noriega is someone I had promised to write about more, but I haven't so far. I get his newsletters, so I should get to it. He's within 10 points in the last poll.

I also signed up for a local Obama group. They have a thing on Saturday with Habitat and then later in August at the Food Bank. I'm going to try to make both of them. If you or any of your readers are interested, I'll look up the link.