Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Greenrrroof Animal Home


Anyone who know me or reads this blog has probably figured out that my dogs are part of my family and sleep indoors on my bed at night. For humans who aren't lucky enough to have this arrangement with their dogs there is a website http://www.sustainablepet.com/about.html

that sells dog houses and some bird houses with green roofs. People have had green roofs for thousand of years but this is the first I've seen for pets. Besides being very attractive and a good conversation piece, the vegetation provides insulation against noise and temperature, smells good, grows plants, repels fleas, and filters water.
If you are interested in doing this for your own home the LC subject headings to look for in you local library are Green roofs (Gardening) or Roof gardening.

No comments: