Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week 8: #19 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops


I opened an account in Zoho and looked at all the different functions. I was going to write a short essay, using Zoho writer, on the religious imagery in the new Bruce Springsteen song I'll work for your love from his new album Magic but decided that what people really want to read about is food. Yesterday, while perusing the new books in our area I discovered a wonderful cookbook called Eat Dessert First! by the Red Hat Society. The Red Hat Society is an organization started in 1998 by Sue Ellen Cooper and gets its name from the poem Warning by Jenny Joseph which has the lines: "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple. With a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me"
There are over 40,000 chapters with over 1.5 million registered red hat ladies whose main function is to get together for tea, dressed in purple dresses and red hats. They have also published several cookbooks. For more information, to find a chapter near you, or to join see www.redhatsociety.com

No comments: