Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Old House

I went back to see my old house on Wednesday. The new owner emailed me let me know he was about finished and invited me over. I've been driving by once a week or so and knew that the outside looked about the same. The inside of the house was beautiful and is exactly what I would have done if I had had money and vision. He reconfigured the layout and turned a 2 bedroom 1 bath house into a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath house with walk in closets in both bedrooms. Most of the upgrades I had made like the shutters and the granite in the kitchen were kept. He bleached the hardwoods and painted the kitchen cabinets white so the house appeared bigger. Seeing how wonderful the house looked made me really happy even though I had expected to be sad. The house next door is another story.
I also visited my neighbors across the street and got to see my favorite little boy Andrew. I really do miss the kids on the street.

No comments: