Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"We had fun"

Yes, that what George Bush said during his exit interview. During the last 8 years our country suffered the greatest terrorist attack in it's history, New Orleans drowned during Katrina, thousand of Americans died in a war he lied to get us into, hundreds of thousand of innocent Iraqis have been killed in a war they didn't deserve, Iraq has been destroyed, the constitution has been trampled on, the world hates us, the economy is in ruins... but bush and his partners in crime had fun.
Another quote: "In the darkest moments of Iraq and every day when I was reading the reports about soldiers losing their lives, no question there was a lot of emotion, but there were times where we could be lighthearted and support each other." He was unapologetic but admitted there were a few "disappointments" like Abu Ghraib, not finding WMDs, and having the "mission accomplished" sign.
Seven more days and this evil, lying piece of garbage will be gone. If we ever recover from the last 8 years maybe the rest of us can have fun too.

1 comment:

Native Pride said...

Brovo Kathy, Wish I could write as good as you.
The Katrina thing really got me. I was there before Katrina hit, not in New Orleans, but Baton Rougue. I seen the people that evacuated and seen the people after they got them out of New Orleans. I looked into the face of people that were wondering were their loved ones where. The whole time I was wondering were is the Government ! I seen the people on the bridge that weren't allowed to cross, for basic needs, like food and water, no more that that.
I seen the pain and tears, while Bush was golfing and Condie shopping.
If not for people that cared their would have been no help, in the first week or longer. Almost everyone a volunteer, away from the comforts of our homes and NO help from the government. No national guards because they were dying in a war that was a huge lie.
Guess I got worked up a bit, Sorry