Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fourdogmom's Fabulous Quinoa Recipe

This recipe doesn't have a name since I made it up. On Sundays I make a big pot and put it in little containers and I have my lunch for an entire week.

Ingredients:

1 cup quinoa (2 cups cooked)
1 can Rotel type tomatoes (I use Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes, Fire Roasted with Medium Green Chilies)
1 onion diced
1 red bell pepper (or any color) diced
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Chile powder and salt to taste


Put the tomatoes in a medium saucepan with an additional cup of water, chile power and salt. When it is boiling add the cup of quinoa (be sure to rinse and drain first). Lower the heat and cook until all the liquid is absorbed (15-20 min.)
While that is cooking saute the onions, garlic, and pepper in the olive oil until tender.
When everything is done mix together and add the can of black beans.
Simple to make, delicious, and very healthy. I've been doing this for several months now and haven't gotten tired of it.. My roommate loves it too and took this picture.


No comments: