Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Balsamic Marinated Tofu

Whole Foods has a tofu dish I really love, Balsamic Roasted Tofu.  Lately however it has been hard to find and the taste isn't always consistent so I decided to try and make it myself.  All I did was buy extra firm tofu, cut it into cubes, drain the water out of it and them marinate it in Balsamic vinegar and a little garlic.  Whole Foods roasts theirs but I decided to put mine in a frying pan (no oil) and just let it simmer a bit.  Mine is so much better than the WF version even though they add rosemary and roasted red peppers.  I would have done that too but I didn't have any and it really doesn't need anything else.  I made enough for 5 lunches with one block of tofu which cost me under 5 dollars so it's a real bargin too.

No comments: