Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our New Home


I just rented an apartment! It's on one of the prettiest streets in Houston, North Blvd. It's a 2 bdrm/2 bath 1st floor corner unit. There's a little patio and an enclosed area just outside the door that we can use for doggie emergencies. I wanted hardwood floors but the only apartment complexes that have them are way out of my price range. There are a lot of houses and duplexes for rent but this seemed to me to be the best deal. I'm pretty sure electricity will be much lower than in a house too. We'll be moving on the 26th.
I've been looking for a condo to buy but never found the right place. I have a feeling that the oil spill in the Gulf and Continental leaving is going to have a negative effect on the Houston economy so maybe it's a good thing I didn't find a place.

No comments: