Sunday, September 6, 2009

Eating Raw at Whole Foods

My Whole Foods has started carrying a nice selection of raw foods in their prepared foods section. Today I bought a small container of Raw Asian Vegetable Salad with Green Cabbage, Broccoli, Carrots, Red Bell Peppers, Snow Peas, Raw Peanut Sauce and Raw Almonds. It was delicious. I also bought some Raw Hummus. I was pretty skeptical until I sampled it at the store. It tastes better that traditional hummus made with chick peas. They make it with zucchini, sesame seeds, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil,garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper.

I dated someone for 14 years who ate only raw foods. This was way before eating raw was trendy. During that time I probably ate about 75% raw. It a great way to be really healthy and to lose weight. I'm glad to see that it's becoming popular because I would like to get back into eating that way. Having delicious prepared items at Whole Foods will certainly make it easier.

No comments: