Monday, June 15, 2009

Historical Keepsake Photo

Last month, Sherri Goforth, an executive assistant for Tennessee Republican State Senator Diane Black, sent out an email of what is supposed to be an Historical Keepsake Photo depicting all of the presidents of the United States. There is no picture of Obama, but instead, a picture of a black ghost with white eyes, or a "spook," a derogatory term for a black person. I don't want to put the picture on my blog but you can see it here: http://newscoma.com/2009/06/15/racist-and-ridiculous/
When contacted by Christian Grantham of Nashville Is Talking (WKRN), Goforth refused to apologize but instead said: "I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button. I'm very sick about it, and it's one of those things I can't change or take back." She has no problem being a racist and sending out racist material she's just sorry she sent it from the wrong email account to the wrong people. Email, by the way, paid for by the taxpayers of Tennessee. She should have been fired but as far as I know she's still working for Senator Black. Here is Senator Black's contact information if you would like to express your outrage over this: sen.diane.black@capitol.tn.gov

No comments: