Sunday, May 10, 2009

Poor Ringo







Ringo has had a really bad looking sore on one of his feet for a few days now so today I decided to take him over to the vet at PetsMart. He had to be sedated and they cleansed the wound and increased the size of a hole in the wound so it could drain. The vet thinks he may have been bitten by a snake or a spider. Now he has to wear an Elizabethan collar so he can't lick the area. He isn't too happy about that. He also has to be an indoor kitty so he now has a litter box in the spare bedroom. Technically he isn't my cat but after spending several hundred dollars on him I think of him as mine and the dogs love him and want to keep him too.
UPDATE: He managed to get the collar off but seems to be leaving his foot alone. He also used the litter box after realizing I wasn't going to let him go outside. He's purring again too.

2 comments:

I am from Transilvania said...

I'm sorry for Ringo. Hopefully he will get well soon. Anyway he doesn't look too good, but thanks to you he will get better.

Native Pride said...

Your such a good person for taking Ringo in. I'm glad you helped him.